Castaway Island, Fiji managed by Outrigger Hospitality Group is an award winning, iconic four star resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. Castaway Island Fiji is 30km from Nadi in the Mamanuca group and easily accessible by helicopter, seaplane and fast catamaran. We are seeking to employ a dynamic, energetic & self-motivated individual to fill the position of Pastry Chef.
- Ensures all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards
- Ensures that work area, equipment and section is kept clean at all times in accordance with kitchen standard operating procedures.
- Assists Chef de Partie in monitoring food preparation and wastage cost controls
- Works closely with the Chef de Partie to achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and preferably exceeds guests’ expectations.
- Ensures pastry food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet Brand Standard guidelines.
- Closely work with the pastry production team and take corrective action where appropriate, and within company guidelines, if standards are not met.
- Ensures the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained
- Proactively controls related costs by being fully aware of forecasted business and targeted profitability whilst maintaining standards.
- Responds promptly on any changes in food styles and service trends as dictated by the market (resort/customers) or as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Works closely with Chef de Partie to ensure strategies and practices are in place to facilitate the efficient and effective service quality targets are achieved
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Has relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position in a resort establishment.
- Should have good communication and interpersonal skills Is a self-starter, has a drive, initiative and highly motivated Is able to live and work in an island resort environment.
If you have the relevant experience and looking for new challenges, we would like to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter, detailed CV together with a recent passport photograph and COVID19 fully Vaccination Proof to: [email protected] All applications need to be submitted no later than COB Friday 31st March, 2023. Applicants that meet the selection criteria will be shortlisted for an interview.
Related Jobs (25)
Cashier | Activities Attendant | Security x2 | Groundsman x2 on November 27, 2023 Full Time