About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence providing Australian standard training qualifications and skills across the Pacific region. As Australia’s flagship Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) investment in the Pacific, APTC works collaboratively with TVET stakeholders to achieve training delivery outcomes and reforms to Pacific TVET systems. By joining APTC, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce for the region. APTC has country offices in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Head Office is located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC has country offices established in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste (since July 2021). The Country Offices are supported by a range of services provided from a Regional Head Office (RHO) located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC is implemented by TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275) on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Partnership and Coalition Facilitator plays a key role to ensure APTC is informed by ongoing political-economy analysis (PEA) and application of the principles of a Thinking and Working Politically (TWP) approach.
Your key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and support business processes to underpin effective and durable strategic partnerships and reform coalitions with Pacific governments, TVET training providers and key industry and community stakeholders.
- Support Vanuatu/Nauru Country Director, APTC staff and key partners and equip them with the skills and tools to apply APTC’s partnership and politically informed approaches to achieving the EOPOs. This position will manage operations of the catalytic TVET System Strengthening Fund in Vanuatu and Nauru.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in politics, aid or development or in a relevant field and experience working with government, civil society and private sector entities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a grant funding mechanism or platform to support reform initiatives and designing and implementing business processes of a funding mechanism or platform.
- Experience and/or exposure to political-economy analysis, stakeholder engagement, relationship management and capacity development.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, brokering or managing partnerships or collaboration arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple program activities across large and complex environments including grant management, program development and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate specialised and nuanced information for reporting purposes.
- Ability to draw on range of resources (tools, approaches etc.) to effectively support, facilitate and guide TVET reform coalitions.
Remuneration – Vuv 3,382,013 per annum inclusive of 4% employer superannuation
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please ensure you:
- Address all the Key Selection Criteria questions available in the online application form.
- Upload your updated resume which includes the contact details for two (2) referees.
To start an application, click on the ‘apply’ button below
All applications must be submitted online. Please do not email applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 9:59pm Fiji Time, Thursday 16 February 2023
For any enquiry relating to this role, contact [email protected]
APTC is an equal opportunity employer; fostering a fair, safe and socially inclusive environment, embracing all forms of diversity.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.