The primary purpose of the position is to deliver sports coaching programme for the sport of Paddling at USP and to develop and deliver Paddling activities recreation program for students and staff of the USP community.
The appointee will work part time up to 20 hours per week as and when required. The appointee will be engaged in developing a Paddling team and deliver relevant coaching, training and mentoring members of USP’s Paddling sports teams. The job holder is expected to perform effectively to the standards of the University, and uplift the standard of their sport in USP. The appointee is expected to regularly keep a record of all their equipment, uniform and any other inventory provided to their sports team. The appointee will work closely with the Sports Coordinator, as well as USP Campus Life office staff and other national sporting bodies to ensure that USP teams participate in various sporting events. Aside from preparing USP teams for competitions, the appointee will actively recruit students and staff to their sporting team as and when required, to ensure that students and staff are engaged with the various sports teams, whether they form the competing team or not. The appointee is expected to book relevant facilities and equipment to hold regular training sessions for students and staff in their team. The appointee is also expected to prepare some reports for the Sports Coordinator’s review on a timely basis as when required.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have :
- At least 2 years coaching experience with a paddling Club
- Pass at Year 12;
- Be physically fit and in good health;
- General knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of coaching sports teams;
- Well versed with rules and national bodies of their relevant sport;
- Good oral and written communication skills as there will be constant direct liaison with students, other staff and the external community;
- Must be computer literate and be able to use emails, Microsoft Word at least
Enquiries and further information: Mr. Emori Bakewa, Sports Coordinator, email: [email protected]
The position is available for a fixed term period of one year.
- FJ $8.00 per hour to FJ $10.00 per hour
The closing date for applications is: 28 May 2023