- Act as the subject matter expert in relation to business process and policies, including risk profile
- Actively promote values and ethics through discussions and actions.
- Reports to Senior Manager, Credit Assurance & Process, Pacific
About the role
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re making this happen by improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our customers so they can achieve incredible things– whether they’re buying a home, building a business, or saving for things big or small.
The Credit Assurance Officer is responsible for conducting credit assurance file reviews for wholesale customers, including high risk customers managed by lending services AMU and under lending services advisory within the Pacific Commercial, SME and Asset Management Unit and Recoveries business units.
The scope of work expands across 8 geographies under Pacific division. The role responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Credit assurance activities on credit transactions are in adherence to JCR Wholesale Credit policies and procedures, Country Risk Appetite (RAS), ANZ Credit Principles, business procedures, product guidelines including regulatory requirements.
- Complete timely credit assurance reviews inline with coverage plan for wholesale portfolios in excess of AUD2.6bn (500+customers) inclusive of complex business/ lending structures, ensuring timely completion of Credit Quality Assurance reviews of Relationship portfolios.
- Coordinate reporting and thematic papers for regions delegated by Snr Manager Credit Assurance, actively engage and attend country risk forums representing Pacific Credit Assurance and advocate well managed culture, provide training and support to countries to uplift skills and process knowledge when requested by Heads of Commercial or Head of R&A Pacific.
Role Location: ANZ House, Suva Fiji
Role Type: Permanent / Full time
What will you bring?
To grow and be successful in the role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Strong analytical skills and wholesale policy knowledge, including understanding of ANZ credit system, products and procedures is essential.
- Ability to deliver process re-engineering through innovative insights and use of technology
- Demonstrated banking experience in Credit, Operational line of business
- New Ways of Working and agile delivery, sound knowledge of Group Risk enterprise changes, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Time management and proactive planning
- Adherence to timelines and deliverables
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture, so if you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.
So, why join us?
There’s something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, you’re part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers.
As a Purpose-led bank, we’ve committed to delivering commercial and societal outcomes across environmental sustainability, financial wellbeing and household affordability. We deliver these sustainability commitments with our customers, in our business and across the communities where we operate.
But it’s not just our customers who’ll feel your impact. You’ll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you’ll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate including Health and Wellbeing programs and flexible working arrangements.
You’ll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 40444.