Hastings Deering (PNG) Limited is one of the largest Caterpillar dealer networks in the world. We sell, service and support the complete range of Caterpillar machinery used in the mining, construction, agricultural, materials handling and government sectors. Over the last 70 years, we have built a reputation for hiring and developing the industry’s best and delivering an exemplary level of service to our customers and colleagues.
About the role:
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Operator to join our Service Team based in Lae.
The primary focus of this role is to support the Lae Business Centre by diligently operating the Forklift to support the Service CRC department to a satisfactory standard of quality workmanship.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your competency and experience will include:
- Ensure safety goals are achieved through personal commitment, no harm to self or others and participation in safety initiatives.
- Pro-actively seek and maintain collaborative working relationships with peers and manager to deliver results.
- Ensure customer expectations and service standards are understood and delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure opportunities for continuous improvement are identified and reported.
- Ensure pre-operational checks are completed daily with defect reported enabling repairs to be completed in a timely manner. Ensure pre-operational lo book is completed.
- Ensure the forklift, other vehicles and machines are washed and detail as required.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Class 7 PNG driver’s licence.
- Forklift Operation Experience. Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience preferred.
- PNG Light Vehicle Driving License – Class 3 or 6
- Overhead Gantry Crane (OHGC) Certification
- Rigger / Dogger Qualification or Experience
To express interest for this challenging and rewarding role, submit your application including current updated CV, copies of certificates, references, police clearance and apply via Workday Career page.
“Only People with Class 7 and Forklift operation experience need apply. Evidence MUST be provided in your application”
To Apply: Click on the “Apply” button.
Enquiries: Please call our HR Team on (675) 300 8300
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Wednesday 6th December 2023.
Related Jobs (8)
Carpenters Motors- 2X Trade Apprentice (Metalock Department) on December 5, 2023 Full Time