Are you an experienced leader with a passion for manufacturing food that people love?
Then join our dynamic senior management team today!
Goodman Fielder is renowned not only as one of the nation’s leading manufacturing companies, and its iconic trusted food brands but for its reputation as an Employer of Choice!
Our purpose is simple – making everyday food better for everyone! Operating in the manufacturing industry means no two days are the same. The pace is fast, the work is diverse and our various business functions work closely together to ensure our fantastic consumer products are on the shelf every day and top of mind for our customers.
Operations Manager WANTED!
A pivotal role for our business, the Operations Manager forms part of the Senior Management team, reporting to the Country General Manager, and will bring along extensive leadership, management capability, and manufacturing excellence to make a strong contribution to the GF business. The role will be responsible for continuously improving the operational performance to achieve the required levels of efficient manufacture and supply of quality products by effectively planning, organizing, motivating, and managing the operations and resources available.
If you are a dynamic leader with expertise in food manufacturing, producing high-quality products, exceeding production targets, passionate about continuous improvement, and building high-performing teams, then now is your chance to build an exciting career with us!
The nature of the role includes:
- Driving end-to-end operational efficiencies on-site to achieve high performance aligned to the operations strategy.
- Managing production initiatives aligned to the operational strategy.
- Achieving finished goods inventory management and stock control targets.
- Managing operational costs through the optimum use of labor, materials, and packaging.
- Driving cost reduction through continuous improvement projects.
- Building capability within the team to create a culture of accountability and high performance.
Key skills and attributes required:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 10+ years’ FMCG or manufacturing experience in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to coach/mentor staff.
- Proven experience in lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, or similar.
- Sound knowledge of warehousing practices.
- Proven expertise in coaching and developing a team.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, concurrently supporting efficiency and growth.
If this position appeals to you please send through your cover letter and CV to apply TODAY!
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 8th April 2022.
We don’t just offer jobs we offer careers!
Related Jobs (2)
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant