About Market Development Facility (MDF)
Market Development Facility is a multi-country initiative, funded by Australian Government and the New Zealand Government, which promotes sustainable economic development, through higher incomes for women and men, in our partner countries.
We connect individuals, businesses, governments and NGOs with each other, and with markets at home and abroad. This enhances investment and coordination and allows partnerships to flourish, strengthening inclusive economic growth. MDF is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact, who are contracted to deliver the program until mid-2027.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
MDF is expanding its presence in the Pacific, to Vanuatu, Tonga, and Samoa. MDF Tonga is recruiting an Operations and Finance Officer to be based in Nuku’alofa.
The Operations and Finance Officer will be responsible for deliverables in the following areas:
- Compliance with host country regulations
- Office and asset management
- Procurement and logistics
- Human Resource coordination
- Monitoring, compliance and audit
The Operations and Finance Officer plays an important role in supporting operations for MDF in Tonga. This diverse role offers opportunity to work across the full spectrum of Operations and Finance. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Regional Operations Manager ensuring MDF meets all necessary requirements to operate in Tonga.
- Obtaining and managing staff visas, work permits and related documentation.
- Monitoring of MDF contracts and subcontracts, including office leases, partnership agreements, staff contracts and other agreements.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date asset register (procurement and disposal).
- Procuring goods and services complying with the relevant MDF manuals, Palladium, DFAT and MFAT requirements and the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines.
- Supporting the Regional Operations Manager with recruitment and other issues related to staff benefits such as health insurance.
- Ensuring that financial documents (weekly field vouchers, expense claims etc) for the MDF in-country team are correct and reconciled.
Maintaining financial trackers to ensure they are accurately updated and are reported to the relevant managers.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience supporting operations and finance.
- Excellent personal initiative, enthusiasm, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy within all aspects of work.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of both verbal and written English.
- A relevant police clearance
Please submit your CV and brief cover letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability in line with the requirements of the position.
Positions are open to Tongan nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Tonga. Rates of pay are based on local labor standards.
Applications Close: Midnight 1 March 2023 (Nuku’alofa Time)
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Interested candidates can apply via the following link: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/17940?c=palladium