Carpenters Motors, a division of Carpenters Fiji Pte Limited and a recognized leader in the Motoring Industry in Fiji, is seeking applications from interested candidates for the Operations Accountant position to be based in Suva. If you believe you are ready to join our dynamic team we want to hear from you!
- Perform day-to-day management of financial accounts.
- Provide financial assistance for decision making in timely manner.
- Apply accounting principles to analyze financial information.
- Ensure financial transactions are performed in compliance with company policies.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial management reports and statements.
- Ensure accurate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Perform reconciliation for various client accounts.
- Analyze financial information to prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial reports.
- Address and resolve customer queries in timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate internal audit process with Auditors.
- Perform accounting functions such as revenue and asset accounting, payroll and cost analysis.
- Manage book-keeping and financial systems.
- Update accounting systems in line with latest computer technology.
- Provide advice on revenue and expenditure trends as upcoming accounts payable, disbursement transactions, and financial commitments by monitoring cash position and cash flow forecast.
- Develop solutions to resolve accounting discrepancies and other financial problems/issues.
- Provide continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Perform ad hoc requests and special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively identify process improvements to help the company scale in our fast growth environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles / Generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – ability to negotiate, relate and clearly communicate with operating management, financial staff and other departments.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommendations and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate projects, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines; exhibit a sense of urgency in performing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree / Masters in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (CPA preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate accounting or operational accounting.
Interested candidates can apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on this platform.
Candidates can also email their application, with a cover letter addressing the position requirements and detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences to email@example.com with the subject as “Operations Accountant – Carpenters Motors”. Application closes Friday 20th May, 2022.