COMO Laucala Island is an award- winning private resort island, catering to the most discerning traveller. The resort offers an unparalleled level of luxury and privacy to our international clientele.
Laucala Island now offers the following career opportunity to qualifying professional.
The role of Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for promoting a safe work environment through the development, implementation, assessment and review of a comprehensive occupational, health and safety management plan, creating a safe workplace through management and team member involvement.
· Ensuring occupational, health and safety systems are maintained in compliance with OHS regulations.
· Developing training programs on health and safety issues including hazard management, accident investigation, manual handling etc.
· Provide a consultancy service to Managers to assist in the maintenance of safe work practices.
· Facilitate internal site audits.
· Carry out weekly fire readiness assessments of the hotel, noting deficiencies and reporting to facilities.
· Implement safety risk management practices in line with the company’s health and safety policy.
· Monitor injury records to identify any emerging trends. Analyze findings and develop safe working practices to minimize recurrence of similar injuries.
· Work with external site auditors to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements to aid renewals of required licences for the hotel to continue with operations.
· Actively work on fostering and developing an OHS culture across all areas of the resort.
Education, Experience and Personal Attributes
· 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Certificate in OHS Modules I-IV with sound knowledge of hazard management principles.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Act, Regulations and Codes.
· Sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Strong communication skills with the ability to fluently write procedural documentation and reports.
· Good organization skills with the ability to plan and carry out works as required.
· Willing to undertake physically demanding work and be an active member of the EMT.
· Must be able to live and work in a remote island environment and community.
All interested candidates are encouraged to forward your application letter stating the position you are applying for, a detailed and updated CV, all certificates relevant to the role and copy of driving license to [email protected] no later than 5pm, 08 January 2023.
Note that it is a requirement of COMO Laucala Island, that all team members complete a full course of the COVID-19 vaccination, along with following boosters.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (30)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time