Officer Product Security
- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our culture embraces diversity in which differences are encouraged, and where everyone across Newcrest demonstrates and promotes inclusive practices.
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are now seeking expression of interest for the position of Officer Product – Security for a FIFO position based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO). Reporting to the Supervisor Product – Security, you will be required to operate as a security operations team member to control entry and exit to NML mine site and other properties, prevent loss and damage to NML assets and to ensure the safety and protection of all employees and NML contractor personnel.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Leads in upholding the safety of self, team members and others through engagement.
- Drives and influences proactive safety behaviours within the team and others in engagement.
- Ensures all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual HSE and security requirements.
- Directs and supervises security personnel in the prevention of unauthorised persons from entering the mine site, plant and other property of Newcrest Mining Limited.
- Ensures any loss and damage to NML property is prevented by monitoring access and egress to mine site, plant and other installations.
- Ensures all emergency responses are conducted in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Ensures all site security systems and alarms are maintained according to maintenance and inspection schedules.
- Adheres to the Newcrest Code of Conduct and the Newcrest Values and Principles.
- Conducts daily foot patrols.
- Ensures KPIs related to job role are communicated/reported in accordance with established procedures.
- Minimum of Grade 10 or 12 Education.
- Demonstrated practical experience in a security role relating to the resources industry.
- Experience in Gold Mining Product Security.
- The candidate must have a valid PNG Driver’s License – Class 6 to apply for this position.
- Ability to execute and deliver reports on fundamental security requirements such as: – Security surveys.
- Operating procedures; and
- Conduct field level risk assessments.
- Knowledge of gold production circuits and how to protect from theft, monitor activity and provide reports.
- CCTV surveillance operation.
- Alarm setting and response to activations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security industry and PNG legislation relating to- Human rights.
- Use of force;
- Powers of arrest; and
- Physically fit, with the ability to complete foot patrols wearing full PPE in challenging and extreme weather conditions and participate in airfield security operations.
- Moderate level of computer literacy and working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ability to participate in the execution of the site security verification activity plan and conduct low level investigations (Security audit and compliance).
- Demonstrated skills in radio telephone procedure and the ability to operate and interpret some basic technical security equipment such as:
- Guard tour systems.
- Monitoring and tracking device
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.