A critical position within the Council and Senate Secretariat (CSS) which assists the Secretary to Senate and Assistant Manager CSS (SS/AMCSS) service the Senate and its committees.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
• Completion of a diploma level qualification with one (1) year of relevant work-related experience; or
• Certificate level qualification with 3 years post-certificate relevant work experience; or
• Completion of a post-trades certificate or advanced certificate and five (5) years of relevant experience and where required be a licensed professional; or
• An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training; and
• Some experience in servicing meetings, record keeping and general administrative support;
• Proven experience in office administration;
• Experience in a similar position; exercise professionalism and able to maintain strict confidentiality;
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail; team player; work experience in a fast-moving & time-sensitive work place and
• Business processes experience within a university or regional organization would be an advantage.
Enquiries and further information:
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
- FJ $18,233 to FJ $24,354 per annum.
The closing date for applications is: 02 April 2023.
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.