We are seeking to recruit a Nurse, for our SHSR – Medical Department. Reporting to the Senior Nurse, the successful applicant will mainly be responsible for assisting with providing professional, confidential and quality nursing and health care service to all clients to maximise employee well-being, health and physical fitness.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Attend to and provide relevant, appropriate and standard treatment to all patients and appropriate First Aid application casualties
- Perform routine Clinical assessments, examinations and record information in an appropriate and confidential manner
- Document and maintain a full medical history for all patients and perform preliminary medical assessments for new hires, periodic and exits requirement as directed
- Report any deterioration in status of patient to other relevant medical staff for intervention and change in treatment as required and provide relevant information to Senior Nurse and Doctor when required
- Provide patient health education as directed including methods of disease prevention, hygiene, nutrition and other relevant health and well-being issues
- Check and maintain medication stock levels and preparing daily statistical reports as required
- Perform duties within the limits of experience and qualifications and assist in medical emergencies, trauma, triage and medical evacuation within the required safety standards as required
- Fill in for other medical staff as directed by Senior Nurse or Doctor and demonstrates experience in occupational health screening; audiometry, spirometry and drug and alcohol testings.
- Be well versed with infection control procedures and clinical waste management
- Demonstrates experiences in Health Awareness programmes or Site Toolbox safety sessions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing plus 3-5 years post basic Diploma experience practicing as a Nurse
- Knowledge & demonstrated experience in trauma management, triage and infection control and First Aid
- PNG Medical Board or Nursing Board Registered Nurse
- High attention to detail of medical responsibilities and follow instructions; strict attention to OHS.
- Ability to work unsupervised, plan, organize, manage time and to train
- Advantage in having HIV/VCT or PICT Certificate
- Demonstrates experience with occupational health vaccination programmes vaccination programme
- Cost conscious and showing initiative in daily tasks and duties
- Must be proficient in computer skills
- Well-presented and the ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally in Tok Pisin and English
- Advance Cardiac Life Support Certificate or willing to obtain one on site
- Having a PNG Class 3 or 6 Driver’s Licence would be an advantage
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Advertisement closes on Monday, 13th February 2023