IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Night Auditor carries out the daily auditing and balancing of guest house accounts, including all transactions in a day. Carries out the duties of a Night Receptionist as and when directed to do by the Night Manager. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
Your day to day
- Posts all daily room charges to guest ledger and ensures that all are correct
- Assist front office personnel in check in and check out during the night shift
- Ensures that final readings of restaurants and other outlets are taken and balances those reading with the hotel’s property management system
- Ensures that all checkout bills are done efficiently, correctly and timely
- Ensures all receipts for the shift are properly recorded, balanced and deposited in the hotel’s drop-safe
- Prepares revenue journal (early bird) correctly
- Revenue journal (early bird) must be balanced with rooms sales recapitulation done by Night Manager (room revenue and occupancy)
- Settles all credit cards and balances
- Summarizes all officer checks to be signed by the Finance Manager
- Summarizes all adjustments or rebates to be signed by the Finance Manager and/or General Manager
- Rechecks all supporting documentation for BTC
- Prepares register guest report/high balance
- Reconciles guest ledger in daily basis and reconciles the total to the Front Office
- Prepares a listing of complimentary rooms
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a hotel industry especially in Housekeeping, Front-office, Reservations or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Front Office System
- Problem solving, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Diploma in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent
- Flexibility– night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Good writing skills and excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 08 December, 2023.