The Network Administrator is responsible for the daily administration and support of the key network and datacenter services to ensure maximum uptime and near-zero disruption is maintained for the Bank’s mission-critical systems and applications. He will collaborate and work very closely with his Team Leader to plan, implement, maintain and support the key functions of the Bank’s ICT systems to ensure a robust, resilient and agile environment is sustained for the Bank IT system to run smoothly.
The main expectations of the role are to ensure that:
• The Bank’s network and datacenter infrastructure is supported and maintained to operate and function at acceptable high standard.
• The Bank’s telecommunication infrastructure (LAN and WAN) for both data and voice are tuned to optimum performance, delivering uninterrupted throughput to the branches and end-users.
• Support and collaborate closely with his Team Leader in planning, implementing, and executing important projects and enhancements that will improve performance of the IT systems with near zero downtime.
• To supervise and mentor the End-user Technical Support Officers to enable them to step up and upskill to be able to take on more complex and demanding tasks from time to time when needed.
• To continue to innovate, explore and propose new ideas and value adding solutions and technologies to benefit and help the Bank achieve its core mandates and meet its targets.
NATURE & SCOPE
The position reports to the Team Leader Network and Infrastructure but under the guidance of Manager ICT.
• The incumbent will be required to complete the tasks assigned in a timely and effective manner so that work plan and KPIs are met.
• The incumbent must be prepared to work extended hours and weekends when required to meet deadlines and to attend to urgent situation.
• The incumbent must be responsible and reliable. He or she must have good interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively.
• The incumbent must continuously upgrade his/her knowledge and skills by keeping abreast with latest technologies.
• Ensure ICT operates in compliance with ICT Policies.
• Design and implement Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for selected key processes.
• A Degree in Computing Science/Information Systems and/or similar discipline
• Project management
• Cisco Accreditation/Certification
• VMWare Accreditation/Certification
• Microsoft Accreditation/Certification
• Hands-on technical experience of at least 5 years in similar role and in similar environment
• Support for large user base multi-site/branch environment
• Support for VoIP telephony and MPLS infrastructure
• Managing primary data center with high-availability co-location (offsite DR)
• Management of the Virtual Environment – VMWare
• Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure
• End-point Security and DLP
• Firewall and Edge Security Management – Fortinet Solution
• Cloud Migration/Solution
Visit https://onlinerecruitment.fdb.com.fj:2019/Vacancies/OpenVacancies to apply or click on “Apply Now”.
Related Jobs (1)
Vehicle Mechanic (Mechanical, Panel Works, Spray Painting) on August 3, 2022 Full Time