Brunel PNG are on the look out for an enthusiastic Workshop Manager to join our client, the position is to be based in Lae, Papua New Guinea. The role is to lead, train and inspire the workshop team members in the Northern/ Highland PNG Region areas. We are looking for someone who has had similar Workshop/Operations Management role. A strong knowledge of Heavy Vehicle Trucks and Trailer operations is a must!
Purpose: This position will lead and manage a team workshop staff in allocating workload and managing the day-to-day mechanical services in the workshop based in Lae, PNG. You will be required to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal/ external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
Reports to Group Chief Operating Officer.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate fleet servicing and maintenance activities, including managing and allocating project resources to ensure agreed time, cost, quality, safety and environmental targets are met.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Adhere to current policies and procedures, and relevant purchase cards to ensure the procurement of spare parts and other services are carried out.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Operations. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Work with Operations to respond to requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Facilitate the efficient delivery of mechanical services through communication, liaison, negotiation and coordination with internal and external clients to manage client relations.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
- Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Relevant Trade qualification in a field related to Heavy Equipment or Trucking repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and monitor WHS, quality and environment requirements in
relation to the Workshop operations and to facilitate training.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- Project management experience
- People management skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Quality and productivity focused
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?