Leads and operates Information Technology (IT) discipline for properties and managed offices in scope. Manages a team of IT resources and is accountable for day-to-day hotel and company office IT operations. Provides support to operations leaders for owner relations and negotiations on IT matters. Once handed over from the direct manager, accountable for new opening/acquisition construction oversight, countdown, and live operation. Executes property internet support. Works with direct manager on vendor management and product development for the assigned market.
Education and Experience
• Hotel or Hospitality Management education, awareness of global hospitality technology trends. Experience in assignments at international locations. Back of the house and guest facing operational and technical experience with hospitality management systems. Minimum 3 years in an Associate Supervisory role.
• Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent. Minimum 2 years project management experience. Proven negotiation skills.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Maintains status documentation (goals, scorecard, LPA tracking, etc.) to verify accuracy.
• Strives to achieve balanced scorecard and goals by leveraging resources and concepts to achieve desired results.
• Monitors assigned company owned and managed offices to verify IT operations are running effectively.
• Meets with direct manager to provide updates on IT activities and business plans.
• Meets with business point of contact of each property (General Manager, Director of Finance, etc.) or in-person contact at least once every two months to seek feedback and provide effective updates on IT activities and plans. Produces follow-up report, action plans and information distribution.
• Assists with the activation of all potential properties within the cluster by building business cases and engaging owners and business partners.
• Owns IT vendor relationship for properties in scope.
• Participates in the Talent Acquisition process according to company procedures.
• Verifies induction program for new associates or associates transferring to new role is effective.
• Trains associate(s) to provide backup coverage in the department to cover cluster leader’s function during vacation and sick leave.
• Performs LPA’s on a timely basis and allocates sufficient time, research, and effort to verify the process effectively benefits the development of associates.
• Verifies effective communication, training, and execution of all talent development programs and related initiatives.
• Develops a personal management style that is intended to bring positive results from Associates.
• Builds and maintains positive and effective relations with direct team members.
• Strives to remain informed on the most up to date knowledge regarding vendor activities.
• Notifies direct manager to put resources in place to verify owners have sufficient vendor choices in each market/city.
• Where assigned, delivers pilot phase early review/completion/recommendation report and relevant documentation.
• Where assigned, documents technology pilot scope and objectives with business partners.
• Maintains IT inventory for the assigned properties/offices in cluster.
• Manages cluster IT Agreements for assigned properties.
• Verifies cluster associates are treated appropriately and in alignment with local operational practices.
• Verifies the execution and tracking of rollouts on a timely basis.
• Compiles, seeks approval, monitors, and strives to meet operating budgets; manages expenses using tracking and forecasting tools and engages with the accounting team closely.
• Verifies resources assigned to IT escalation and tracking processes are effective and meet the service level agreements.
• Monitors flow of issue management amongst continent support desk, vendors, and cluster organizations to verify effectiveness.
• Implements cluster best practices and suggests enhancements with the intent to benefit the wider IT community.
• Implements cluster IT policies and procedures as received by regional IT.
• Attends IT Education Calls.
• Verifies planning and accomplishment of technology disaster and contingency plan testing for each property and office.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Apply online via https://careers.marriott.com/ together with detailed CV no later than 31/05/2022
Related Jobs (10)
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant
Aviation Administrator| Engineering Administrator | Plumber Bartender on November 24, 2022 Full Time