Woodford International School is an authorized IB World School and Cambridge International Accreditation Center. It is the premier international school in the Solomon Islands, offering the Primary Years Programme in the Primary School, and Cambridge Lower secondary, Upper Secondary and Advanced in the Secondary School. Woodford is committed to the development of responsible global citizens and leaders through a balanced approach to learning and life.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced teachers to join Woodford to actively work with students, parents, and colleagues to drive the development of our program.
WIS offers a competitive salary package based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection).
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum.
- Foster children’s social and emotional well-being and taking a pastoral role for allchildren in the school.
- Demonstrate creativity Inspire compassionate action.
- Inspire children with enthusiasm and a love for learning.
- Instill self-belief and a growth mindset in all students.
- Deliver an active, hands-on and student-centered programme to promote learning.
- Maintain a safe learning environment for pupils at all times.
- Observe, monitor and record student progress.
- Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class.
- Have a good grasp of educational technology and how it is implemented to enhance learning opportunities.
- Be fluent in English, oral and written.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes with regards to distance learning if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of School.
Qualifications and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in the subject area of employment.
- Current teacher certification in the required subject area.
- Certification should be from a recognised and nationally recognized institution.
- Classroom teachers should be able to demonstrate relevant experience and certification in teaching similar school programs in the applied for position.
- Prior experience with the content and curriculum applying for.
- School Experience with Google Suite.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of continued professional development.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with students, parents and colleagues.
- Ability to supervise students in non-classroom settings.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to lead an after-school activity.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
WIS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Letters of interest along with a current CV, copies of certifications, and three referees should be addressed to the Head of School with the subject line, Science Teaching Application, and emailed directly to: [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.