We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
MRO SAFETY INVESTIGATOR/TRAINER
An opportunity has risen within the Maintenance & Repair Organisation Division for a full-time MRO Safety Investigator /Trainer based in Port Moresby. The MRO Safety Investigator /Trainer reports to the Manager Safety & Quality and is responsible to investigate safety occurrences and safety related issues within the Maintenance & Repair Organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Safety Investigator MRO (SIMRO) is responsible to the Manager Safety & Quality MRO for the following;
- Conducting safety investigations and assessments in response to occurrence reports received from the Safety & Quality Management Group, identifying root causes and advising the corrective and preventative response options to the Manager Safety & Quality MRO.
- Providing the Manager Safety & Quality MRO with draft responses to audit finding response requests received from the Safety & Quality Management Group relating to safety related concerns.
- Keeping the Manager Safety & Quality MRO with draft responses to audit finding response requests received from the Safety & Quality Management Group and working with stakeholders to ensure these dates are met.
- Assisting the Manager Safety & Quality MRO with input to the Safety Action Group meeting.
- Conducting regular workplace hazard surveys, maintaining a Divisional hazard register and monitoring mitigation of HSE hazards, including HSE equipment such as first aid kits and fire extinguishers.
- Developing & Maintaining JSAs as required for all MRO activities and providing related staff training.
- In liaison with the Safety & Quality Management Group, coordinating workplace toolbox meetings to review safety, HSE & JSA issues.
- Providing advice on safety issues and safety management system process.
- Monitoring the appointment of new staff in the Division and liaising with the safety & quality management group regarding SMS training requirements.
- As required, acting as the MRO Division representative in safety investigations conducted by the safety & quality management group.
- Providing subject matter expertise to other departments and sections of the MRO on JSAs and HSE.
- Acting as a focal point in the division for day – to – day contact with the safety & quality management group and keeping the safety specialist performance appraised of periods of absence.
- Conducting training, such as induction training, change of role induction, recurrence training, specialized equipment training, as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Relevant tertiary qualification of a Diploma or Holder of Tertiary qualification.
- 3-5 years of experience in an aviation environment.
- Organizational role as a Lead Auditor is an advantage.
- Have at least 3 – 5years’ working experience in a similar role (desirable).
- Have high level of computer literacy especially in MS excel and word would be beneficial.
- Must be proactive and physically fit.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to understand and communicate with people.
- Can work with less Supervision.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 27 September 2023
“We are an equal opportunity employer”