Ensures Monitoring, Evaluation, Assessment & Research Planning
- Contributes to the development and refinement of the projects’ results and M&E frameworks. Ensure that projects under EG Portfolio have results-based annual work plans with indicators, baselines and targets established at output and activity level;
- Establishes and coordinates effective mechanisms of monitoring the projects’ implementation including development of evaluation tools and processes, innovative approaches;
- Ensures optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance and support in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan;
- Provides technical support/advise to ensure timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies;
- Prepares Monitoring and Evaluation Reports capturing qualitative and quantitative aspects, according to the annual work plans and log frame. Contribute substantially to donor reporting and other communication products with the provision of evidence-based results analysis;
- Provides technical support/advice to ensure that a set of performance indicators is identified and adjusted as necessary, in the context of the multi-year and annual M&E Plans, the Annual Management Plan and Annual Work Plans;
- Ensures that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardised across EG portfolio projects to feed into programme performance monitoring;
- Ensures that information and data from the field is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner;
- i. Leads in the development, design and execution of a comprehensive information management system;
- Performs quality control of programme data;
- Monitors and analyses key program performance and management indicators, providing professional input into management reports, including relevant sections of the annual reports.
- Ensures that evaluations are designed and implemented in accordance with established UNDP quality standards, and the results are disseminated in a timely manner to stakeholders in order to improve RPP performance and contribute to wider learning;
- Ensures implementation and management of evaluation policies, strategies and processes focusing on achievement of the results;
- Monitors and ensures the quality of the field work and data management during the implementation phase, and the quality of the analysis and ease of understanding during the report writing phase;
- Deepens use of data through programme and its projects, including new and innovative sources of data;
- Ensures dissemination of evaluation findings and recommendations to the intended audiences in user-friendly methods. In particular, to ensure that effective participatory feedback is provided to community and civil society stakeholders;
- Supports portfolio teams and CO senior management in planning and management of thematic, country programme/project evaluation; follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations. Ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations.
Implementation of M&E and Reporting policies and strategies
- Leads in the planning, preparation and management of M&E and Reporting strategies and associated activities conducted for the projects
- Promotes M&E standards in line with UNDP and other UN agency requirements, ensures quality assurance/control across the programmes
- Provides technical advice for project design and set-up with defined indicators at the design and implementation stage to facilitate the review and evaluation at the later stages
- Supports Project Teams in the development and execution of M&E and Reporting work plan, including internal assessments and external evaluation of the programmes
- Supports and provide technical guidance to project teams on periodic reviews and updates of the overall M&E and Reporting systems for the programmes by liaising with partners and country based programme staff
- Manages the data collection, quality control and results measurement for the programmes
- Supports the drafting of the content of the M&E related reports for the programmes (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports)
- Coordinates and follows up on implementation of recommendations from M&E reports
- Coordinates monitoring missions for projects and compliance with HACT
- Ensures the optimal use of assessments and evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all evaluations
- Collaborates and coordinates with other UN agencies, government agencies, donors, NGOs, and other organizations on M&E and Reporting issues at the global, regional and national levels
- Contributes to the M&E capacity building activities for the programme staff
Lead in information collation and reporting to feed corporate balanced scorecards and reports
- Collect the data and provide inputs to prepare periodic corporate progress reports;
- Analyze the data and information and prepare monthly progress reports on major corporate activities;
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones;
- Assist in the preparation of background documentation and working papers for its utilization in meetings with the Government and project authorities.
- Support UNDP activity work planning, monitoring and reporting under Outcome Group 5 of the UNPS
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of M&E and Reporting sharing
- Prepares analytical documents based on lessons learnt. Contributes to evaluation of effectiveness and impact of UNDP programmes, contributes to content development for relevant knowledge products
- Support the identification and formulation of evaluation findings, lessons learnt and recommendations to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts, disseminated in learning events and channeled into decision-making processes
- Participates or contributes to the conduct of results-oriented M&E and Reporting training of team members and implementing partners.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Direction & Strategy
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
- Portfolio Management: Ability to select, prioritise and control the organization’s programme and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment.
- Evaluation: Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks
- Evaluation: Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Data Collection: Being skilled in Data Sorting, Data Cleaning, Survey Administration, Presentation and Reporting including collection of Real-Time Data (e.g. mobile data, satellite data, sensor data).
- Digital learning & development: Knowledge of digital learning methods and ability to design and develop digital learning programmes
- Master’s Degree in development studies, social sciences, public administration, business management or related discipline OR a Bachelor’s degree in the same fields with 7 additional years of relevant M&E experience
- 5 years of relevant M&E and Reporting experience at the international or national level.
- Experience in working in development sector is a strong asset
- Experience in drafting development projects reports
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; research, analytical and writing abilities and the ability to work in teams;
- Effective organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English essential.
More information about the opportunity and mode of application can be found at https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3006/?utm_medium=jobshare