We are seeking to recruit a Mine Surveyor for our Mine Technical Services Department – Technical Section. Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, the successful applicant will manage and direct all site requirements and activities of the Survey Section in an effective, reliable and cost efficient manner, ensuring all statutory and operational standards are met.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensure accurate and timely survey.
- Implement and maintain survey control to required standards.
- Maintain orderly and accurate file storage.
- Ensure regular maintenance of all survey equipment.
- Establish and document procedures for all and new tasks.
- Implement training system for national surveyors.
- Provide timely advice to Senior Surveyors/ Engineers/ Superintendents to assist in forward planning, design and scheduling.
- Foster and develop a team environment within the department and between Operations and Engineers in other areas.
- Promote a safe, healthy and productive work environment.
- Ensure that all activities are performed to the appropriate site OH & S standards.
- Contribute to the development of annual department budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinate work flows and personnel to achieve efficient and continuous operations.
- Contribute to operational design, evaluation and scheduling of all site project works.
- Ensure compliance of survey procedures and standards by monitoring performance, methods and training within the department.
- Maximise site survey effectiveness using appropriate strategies and job management.
- Ensure maintenance of standards and quality by reviewing survey crew compliance with procedures.
- Ensure accurate and prompt measurements and reconciliation of the relevant Mine physicals.
- Ensure accurate and prompt compilation of “as built” information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Tertiary qualification in Surveying
- 4 – 6 years relevant survey experience in a Mine or Construction Environment
- Occupational First Aid Certificate
- Strong computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and Surpac software
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- High level of planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Be able to work in team & multi-cultural environment
- Willing and able to work with a flexible company roster and to varying hours
- Possess valid and current PNG class 1, 3 or 6 driving license
The above role is Hidden Valley Mine Site based
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging opportunity and confident you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil this role then please apply by email to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application closes Friday 21st April 2023