Your day to day
As MICE Coordinator you’ll assist the Events & Reservations office to convert and maximise hotel and event enquiries and bookings to maximise revenue. You will support our Event Planners in managing and coordinating the end to end planning of a variety of events across the hotel; from initial enquiry, quoting, follow-up, event planning and management.
In addition, from time to time supporting operational delivery, working closely with the banquet operations team post hand over to actively ensure all events come to life seamlessly. Undertaking all with a focus on continuous improvement, not just for their event but with the wider hotel event offering in mind.
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to Grand Pacific Hotel’s valued guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience – Minimum of two years’ experience in a coordinator or administrative capacity, ideally within a hotel environment with sales and event exposure.
- Qualifications – Diploma in Business Study, Sales & Marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Good writing skills
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (13)
Drivers (heavy and light PSV) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
SOUTH PACIFIC SPECIALISTS x 3 on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Fiji Airways Holidays Products and Services Coordinator on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Wedding and Events Coordinator on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Attendant – Laundry/Rooms on June 8, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Beach Resort Manager / Management Couple on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Resort Manager on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Maintenance Storeman on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Spa Therapist on June 6, 2023 Full Time