We are searching for a conscientious, efficient messenger to join our team, immediately. The messenger’s responsibilities include gathering delivering/collecting payments, banking, local purchases. You should also ensure that all relevant documentation is fully completed after each delivery.
To ensure success as a messenger, you should brainstorm and select the most appropriate routes based on your workload. Ultimately, an exceptional messenger will render friendly and efficient services that surpass the Company’s’ and customer’s expectations.
- Clarifying your scheduled and anticipated deliveries before each shift begins.
- Fetching, checking, and signing for parcels at their respective collection points.
- Taking special care to load the parcels into your bag or vehicle in a safe manner.
- Devising and choosing the most effective routes.
- Transporting items to drop-off points.
- Answering recipients’ questions about the delivery process.
- Ensuring that both yourself and the recipient sign all relevant documentation upon delivery.
- Checking to see that you have completed all work allocated for the day.
- Advising your line manager of deliveries that could not be fulfilled.
- Remaining friendly and helpful as you conduct your duties.
- Year 13 leaver, preferred.
- Previous experience in any delivery position.
- Valid driver’s license, with few years driving experience is required.
- Familiarity with the layout of your general delivery area.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within given time frames.
- Good planning and decision-making abilities.
- Physically agile with the capacity to remain active for extended periods.
- Availability to work extra hours, when needed.
VBL is rapidly growing, therefore, successful candidate must be able to adapt to changes and can multitask without supervision.
This job operates in a professional environment. This role demands punctuality, honesty, reliability, respect and team work.
Position subjected to evolve within the Company, given time. VBL provides a positive working environment, along with great incentives for permanent employees.
Vanuatu Brewing Ltd is the Vanuatu leader of beverages. The main brands are Tusker and Nambawan and the Company is the official distributor and partner of the Coca Cola Company.
How to Apply
Please email your applications, CV, copy of a valid drivers license (Front & Back) to;
via post to; HR Department, P O Box 169, Port Vila.
Applications can be dropped of at our main office, Tagabe Area, Port Vila