THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University:
Medical Officer – Female
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Officer is responsible for ensuring that staff and students health and hygiene needs are catered for and also for settlements surrounding the University.
- Lending support and being responsible to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
- Ensuring the smooth management and operation of the clinic.
- Ensuring the medical and health needs of staff and students are provided with professionalism and commitment.
- Ensuring that subordinate medical staff continue to provide the best medical care and advice to patients within and outside the university community.
- Overseeing subordinate medical staff.
- Implementing and promoting community awareness programs on HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Cholera and other forms of tropical diseases.
- Ensuring there are standardized treatment protocols and procedures for common medical problems and ailments.
- Attending to female patients in regard to diseases that concern them.
- Attending to other tasks and assignments as required by the CMO and the university.
- Ensure that the Instructions for the usage of Ambulance for Emergency purposes are clearly spelt out and observed by all drivers.
- Establish a medical check program in place for monitoring health of staff and students who critically need attention
- Ensure that Medical Standards are maintained in the clinic.
The successful candidate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Medicine.
- Be a General Practitioner
- Professional experience in Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology with added experience in Tropical medicine.
- Must be a registered medical practitioner and have professional medical registration with the PNG Medical Board.
- Fit and in good health, trustworthy and responsible.
- High standard of oral and written communication skills
- Empathetic for people and their medical situation.
- Adequate computer skills and well versed with all MSO applications
- Portray Leadership attributes
Conditions of Service:
Medical Officer – K59, 460.00 – K72,673.00
Domestic Market Allowance – K8,100.00 – K11,800
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
A detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and email addresses, phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer should be sent to:
The Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Papua New Guinea
Applications must be compiled and sent as one PDF file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is 9th of June, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.