MEDIA ENGAGEMENT & INTERNAL COMMUNICATION OFFICER
World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) has exciting opportunity for those of you who want a change and want to become part of a dynamic team. We are currently looking for suitable, qualified, experienced, and highly motivated professional to fill the position of Media Engagement & Internal Communication Officer to be based in Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify press opportunities through the Public Engagement Calendar and global moments aligned to country programming.
- Draft press statements and media statements on behalf of the organization when required.
- Develop and refresh annual the Message House for WVPNG and ensure that key programming messages align with vital business strategies.
- Develop and implement an informed media engagement strategy for WVPNG based on media analytics that is reflective of global moments, advocacy campaigns and fundraising (local & grants) initiatives in coordination with the C&PE Manager.
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison supporting the C&PE manager, conduct press conferences and briefings and organize these on behalf of the senior management
- Conduct media monitoring by scanning the media space and platforms to keep up-to-date on the latest media trend and monitor online and offline campaigns, and report on results through the monthly reports.
- Negotiate with media channels and print publication to close competitive deals and for promotional campaigns
- Maintain a register that is updated on a bi-annual basis of the mainstream and online media contacts.
- Pitch ideas and press statements in local and international media outlets based on WVPNG field information in coordination with regional communication team.
- Ensure that World Vision PNG field staff are aware of and abide by the World Vision Media Engagement Policy, including organising media briefings and trainings for PNG staff, including spokesperson’s training.
- Tracking all the media engagement successes for PNG
- Act as media point person for the partnership and media.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the media and build relationships for different media houses in country.
- Ensure all media preparedness processes are in place to improve media engagement effectiveness.
- Plan, organize and manage marketing campaigns and promotional campaigns / events and projects from conception through to completion in line with agreed requirements adherence to Internal branding,
- Assist with content development and design of offline/online publications and collateral, including capacity statements, factsheets, brochures, annual Impact Report, event invitations, and posters/signage including timely updates for the organization’s digital platforms.
- Design and update an Internal Communications Template Package for the WVPNG use including letterhead, business cards, signage, stickers and other publicly and widely circulated
- Managing the compilation and distribution of internal staff newsletters, writing and editing content, arranging photography, overseeing design, print and production.
- Managing the development of an intranet and its content – proofing, editing and posting articles.
- Encouraging two-way and multi-way communication through, for example, surveys, suggestion schemes, workshops and social networking tools.
- Gauging reactions to internal communications, using feedback to recommend and implement new initiatives.
- Providing advice to employees regarding the organisation’s branding and identity.
- Organising and managing seminars, events and presentations, which could involve booking facilities and equipment, working with agencies and preparing management slide-shows and presentations.
Humanitarian Emergency Affairs
- Undertake rapid deployment to disaster zones if/as required to produce quality stories and photos for WVPNG and the WV Partnership.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Communication, Social Science, Journalism, Humanities, International Relation, Development Studies, or its equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 recent years of significant digital communications experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with communications and internal communication strategies for staff engagement
- Ability to develop video, compelling story telling and written contents
- Demonstrated high ability in creative technical discipline (Video, photography, design, writing, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with children and vulnerable people and the knowledge of how to engage sensitively, respectfully in a manner that supports WV values and principles
- Extensive media network and contacts in PNG Media Industry across all platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills (English & Tok Pisin)
- Advanced level of computer proficiency, Apple Mac and PC, including editing skills across Adobe and Apple software for video, photo, media, design
- Team Player, Willingness to learn and adapt and demonstrate networking and collaboration skills.
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate and COVID 19 Vaccination card (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby on or before; Monday,23 January, 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Considering the well-being of the staff, beneficiaries, peers, partners, and the general public at large it is highly recommended that all staff of WV PNG be vaccinated for CoVid19. Any request for exemption from being vaccinated on grounds of health and religious beliefs can be accommodated upon due consideration.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (50)
Head painter| Demi Chef |Spa Therapist |Staff Accomodation Attendant on February 2, 2023 Full Time
IRI Gap Analysis Request for Proposal (RFP) – Melanesia on February 1, 2023 Consultant