An Exciting and Challenging opportunity exists at Guadalcanal Plains Palm Oil Limited (GPPOL), the Leading Agricultural Business in the Solomon Islands, for: Mechanics.
The Guadalcanal Plains Palm Oil Limited (GPPOL) is seeking to appoint Light Vehicle and heavy plant Mechanics. The purpose of the roles is to carry out the maintenance and service checks and repairs of company vehicle fleet to ensure vehicles are in good running condition for company operations.
The key Duties and Responsibilities of this roles include but not limited to:
- Perform repairs, maintenance and servicing of company vehicle fleets which may include; cars, trucks, heavy equipment, tractor/trailers, and other motor vehicles in a timely manner.
- Perform tasks on electrical systems such as replacing batteries, starters, and lights.
- Perform checks such as tune-ups and oil changes, checks tires and brakes, replaces spark plugs and engages in other similar tasks to ensure proper functioning of machines.
- Inspects tools and equipment to ensure they are in working order and cleans the shop and returns tools to proper location. Ensure good housekeeping measures are applied on a daily basis.
- Test drives vehicles to ensure repairs are completed property.
- Maintains inventory of replacement parts and equipment. Updates maintenance and repair logs for vehicles.
- Report to team leader/supervisor on a daily basis with diagnostics of breakdowns, attend to breakdowns, repairs, and general servicing of vehicles and machines advise on estimated repair time.
- Assist team on the pre checking inspection of vehicles every morning.
- Report any issues or delays with repairs.
- Ensure correct part numbers are given to store-man for ordering of required parts.
- Ensure correct PPE is used at all times and ensure safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Ensure company policies are adhered to at all times.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant Trade Certificate from a recognized institution with a minimum of 3 years of experience in this position.
- Knowledge of mechanic practices.
- Ability to work flexible hours with minimum supervision.
- Constructing and assembling mechanical machine parts.
- Must be of sober habits.
- Ability to work well in team.
You may contact [email protected] for the detailed Job Description. Remuneration Package.
An attractive Remuneration package will be offered. This includes free housing and utilities (water & electricity) and medical assistance as per company policy.
How to apply? Kindly forward a detailed C.V. and certified supporting documents to: [email protected] or alternatively, you may submit your applications to:
HR and Training Manager
PO Box 2001
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Applications close on Thursday 21st December 2023
We thank those applying and advise that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Related Jobs (9)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time