This role reports to Technical Materials Coordinator and the purpose of the Materials Planning Officer role is to be responsible for the management, control and planning of all aircraft, GSE and commercial spares & materials for their respective aircraft types.
- Receives & reviews all electronic material requests for Aircraft on Ground (AOG), material requests generated by AMOS Parts Consumption Forecast for Scheduled and Heavy Maintenance Visit (HMV), Aircraft Support Workshops, and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and initiates the purchasing process.
- Initiates procurement of materials by researching the Materials or Aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Fiji Airways Approved Vendors and open market suppliers for best quotations in terms of price, lead time, and other terms such as condition of parts, warranty terms.
- Actively analyses the quotations received and based on criticality of the request, pricing, lead time and other terms such as condition of parts, warranty terms and formulates a proposal to the Technical Materials Coordinator – Purchasing or Manager Aircraft Materials & Logistics for verification and approval for loan, exchange or purchase materials outright.
- Effectively initiates the Purchase Orders and obtains the respective Engineering Management approvals in accordance with Fiji Airways Finance Policies. Approved Purchase Orders are generated in AMOS Order Management for procurement initiation.
- Coordinates and closely liaises on freight logistics arrangements and customs clearance to ensure that the required materials are made available either for AOG situations or prior to the forecasted dates generated by AMOS Parts Consumption Forecast for a scheduled maintenance event.
- Ensures that all available freight logistics and customs clearances options are explored and analysed with an objective to position the required materials to support an AOG situation.
- Liaises closely with Engineering Planning & Technical Services respectively to identify any required materials and consequentially provide definite timeframes for effective task Planning and scheduling purposes.
- Ensures that inventory minimum stock levels are defined in AMOS based on analysis of historical materials consumption/utilization data produced by AMOS.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of component loans tracked by AMOS and proactively coordinates with Planning and Aircraft Maintenance for the opportune time to redeem the loaned component and minimize loan charges. Ensures that loan components are promptly prepared and shipped at the earliest opportunity.
- Responsible for inventory stock levels by analysing associated procurement and freight costs including lead time for replenishment.
- Responsible for ensuring a detailed comprehension of the approved fleet type Inventory Technical Management service provider contract and consistently refers to the contract to remedy any outstanding exclusion discrepancies or reconciliation.
- Responsible for Main Base Kit (MBK) stock from contracted Inventory Technical Management service providers by being proactive in requesting for advance exchanges & main base kit replenishments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all core and loan units returns to the respective contracted Inventory Technical Management service provider and are shipped with appropriate paperwork and data provided to avoid any contractual penalties.
- Advises Fiji Airways freight coordinator and load controller on release priority of shipments for AOG required materials and proactively initiates corrective actions on all outstanding consignments to avoid storage charges.
- Participates in Planning, Maintenance, Workshops meetings to enhance support for all future planned maintenance activities and component maintenance in Aircraft Support Workshops.
- Maintains the cleanliness and housekeeping of Technical Materials administration office and ensure that all materials are always stored in a presentable manner. Always implement 6S philosophy in maintaining the house keeping of the work area and offices.
- Provides coverage for Repair & Warranty Administrator in his/her absence. Provide support to Quality Assurance Materials Inspector in obtaining materials release certificates and appropriate paperwork from vendors.
- Uses total functionality of engineering maintenance system (AMOS) as required by the position to carry out the functions of Materials Planning Officer.
- Occasionally act in the capacity of Technical Materials Coordinator – Purchasing when directed by the Manager Aircraft Materials & Logistics.
- Diligently executes all allocated tasks in accordance with the standard defined by the Fiji Airways ANR 145C maintenance organisation MMOE, Technical Operating Procedures and ETOPS/Line Maintenance Procedures.
- Must have the ability to analyse price proposals, evaluate emerging market research trends and negotiate with a cost effective strategy.
- Capable of suggesting improvements and provide solutions to current work practices in line with Engineering & Maintenance Policy and Procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Diploma or Degree in Engineering / Business / Finance / Supply Chain Management
Dangerous Goods Certification Approval (will be an advantage)
At least 2 years’ experience Procurement & Supply Chain Role
Previous experience in Logistics & Warehouse Management would be an advantage
Valid Group 2 Driver’s Licence
Basic Understanding of 6S (6 Sigma) Philosophy
Must have Intermediate level Knowledge of MS Office applications such as excel and PowerPoint
Preferred experience in Inventory Management Systems as user.
Project management knowledge and experience would be an advantage
Applications are open to all Fijians. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next steps of the recruitment process.
Applications close on Sunday, 3 December 2023
If you are interested in this opportunity