Office of the Vice-Chancellor and President, Marketing and Communications – LDM0026
The Marketing & Promotions Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the University’s marketing strategy and will be expected to advance the profile, reputation and development of the University through delivery of a range of marketing activities including communications, production of digital and printed marketing materials, and promotional activities.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this positions, applicants must have:
– A degree in relevant field with two (2) years subsequent relevant experience; or
– In exceptional cases and only with the prior endorsement of the Executive Director People and Workforce Strategy and upon approval from the Vice-Chancellor and President, a Diploma with four (4) years of relevant experience in technical or administrative fields may be considered; or
– An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
– Experience in organizing promotional activities;
– Experience in implementing a marketing plan across a large organization;
– Experience in liaising with private corporations to secure sponsorship and nurture on-going relationships with external stakeholders;
– Experience in handling digital marketing plans;
– Demonstrated strong event management skills;
– Digital marketing savvy;
– High level of photography and videography skills;
– Organisation skills in order to coordinate several promotional activities simultaneously;
– High level communication (oral and written English), interpersonal and negotiation skills;
– High computer literacy skills, including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft programmes electronic mail and the Internet. Experience of Adobe Creative Suite and database management programmes an advantage;
– The capacity to work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation and with a range of external organisations and stakeholders; and
– A demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
– Experience working for a regional organization; and
– Hands on with creative/design tools/software
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Jenies Mudiliar, Director, Marketing & Communication, ph: ; fax: ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: FJ $32,246 to FJ $38,138 per annum
How to Apply
Application to be sent to: email@example.com
Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Closing date for applications 26 June 2022