Tourism Fiji have a fantastic opportunity for a university student interested in a three (3) months internship program that will help develop your career readiness competencies in the marketing landscape, with a particular focus on communications and PR.
This is an opportunity to be part of a vibrant, passionate and high performing team focussed on building a sustainable tourism industry for the benefit of all of Fiji. You will be involved in a range of projects that aim to showcase Fiji at its authentic best to the world, and encourage visitors to try the full breadth of experiences Fiji has to offer.
This role will establish excellent foundational communications, PR and marketing skills to help you prepare for a successful transition into the workplace.
The program is open to undergraduate students who have completed two years of university studies as well as graduate students. The interns will receive weekly allowances. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The successful candidates will be expected to start as soon as possible.
- Assist the marketing team, in particular the Government and Corporate Comms Manager and CMO with the development of communications and PR for key upcoming events
- Assist with the development of communications across a range of channels
- Support with the project management of media engagements including conferences and interviews
- Support the wider marketing team with campaign management
- Support with PR activations and events related to key marketing initiatives
Aligning to Tourism Fiji’s Values, you will:
- Be a student in the process of gaining a Bachelor’s Degree
- A self-starter with loads of energy and initiative and the ability to ask questions and solve problems
- Have excellent, clear and concise writing skills
- Be well versed with and confident using the Microsoft Office suite
- Be a team player
- Be highly organised and able to deliver to core priorities in a timely manner with the support of the Government and Corporate Comms Manager and the wider marketing team
- Be able to follow standard instructions, policies & practices and meet deadlines.
The intern will report to the Government and Corporate Comms Manager and be based at the Tourism Fiji Office, RB Patel Jetpoint Complex, Martintar, Nadi. Work hours are from 0800 – 1630 hours (Mon – Thur) and up to 1600 hours on Fridays. Some work outside of these hours may be required.
Applications with a covering letter, updated resume and copies of academic record transcripts should be emailed to: [email protected] by 4pm on Friday, 8th September 2023. Please state Marketing Communications Intern in the subject line.
Related Jobs (4)
Carptrac – Sales and Administration Officer (Suva) on September 25, 2023 Full Time