About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence and collaboration, working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhances Pacific prosperity. APTC has country offices in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Head Office is located in Suva, Fiji.
The Skills Strengthening Manager (SS Manager) will have the responsibility for managing the Solomon Islands Skills Strengthening team under the direction and guidance of the Country Director. This will include management and direct implementation of agreed Skills Strengthening activities identified by APTC with key national partners and supported Coalitions. It will include ongoing monitoring, adaption and further development of Skills Strengthening activities. The position will work in line with the design of APTC’s Skills Strengthening Platform to ensure all activities are designed to: Support transformational change in the Solomon Islands; be both technically sound and politically feasible; progress towards shared partnership objectives and APTC EOPOs; and support Pacific-led TVET Reform.
The SS Manager will work through flexible and politically informed approaches that are technically sound to identify TVET partners to demonstrate quality TVET provision through, firstly, increased quality in teaching and learning, secondly, improved governance and management and thirdly, increased numbers of recognized Solomon Islands qualifications.
The SS Manager will work closely with the Vocational Training Manager to ensure any Skills Strengthening (SS) activities that involve the delivery of Australian, regional or national Qualifications meet ASQA, TAFE Queensland, Regional and National TVET regulatory compliance. The SS Manager takes direction from the APTC Skills for Employment Director with regards to ASQA and TAFE Queensland TVET quality and compliance.
The SS Manager will be located in the Solomon Islands. Domestic travel within the Solomon Islands will be required.
As our ideal candidate, you must have:
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualification with extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated high-level technical knowledge and application of Quality TVET systems and activities in compliance with national TVET regulators, ASQA standards and RTOs.
- Proven ability to lead and work collaboratively and ethically with TVET partners, Government and various stakeholders in promoting and driving TVET Reforms and System Strengthening through ongoing monitoring, adaptation and system development.
- Leading and supporting the team internally and across multiple organizational units in capacity building and professional development.
- Demonstrated superior written and information technological skills, and an ability to prepare high-level responses, reports and presentations.
- Proven ability to drive locally led TVET changes through brokering partnerships with Training Institutions and supporting shared TVET priorities.
- Highly developed understanding of Skills Training Packages.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage change and quality improvement initiatives.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage heavy workloads, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines and the ability to work under pressure with the capacity to resolve issues with limited assistance.
For more information about this role, please review the Role Description.
Remuneration – ARF C3.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please ensure you:
- Address all the Key Selection Criteria questions available in the online application form.
- Upload your updated resume which includes the contact details for two (2) referees.
To start an application, click on the ‘apply’ button below
All applications must be submitted online.
For enquiries, please contact the Abigail Chang (Country Director) via email [email protected]
Applications close 9:59pm SOLs Time, Wednesday 15 February 2023
APTC is an equal opportunity employer; fostering a fair, safe and socially inclusive environment, embracing all forms of diversity.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
Related Jobs (22)
Commis Chef | F&B Attendant | Trainee – F&B Department | Trainee – Kit Department on September 25, 2023 Full Time
Product Analyst Assistant x2 | South Pacific Specialists x3 on September 22, 2023 Full Time