An exciting and challenging opportunity now exists for a well-qualified and experienced individual to be part of this growing team whilst being challenged to develop further in this critical role.
The Manager Research and Statistics is responsible for the application of the market intelligence in the preparation of research documents/publications, formulation of plans and policies, forecasting, project design and providing assistance to the government/NTO membership. S/he reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for successfully driving the following critical outcomes:
- Provision of research and statistics services
- Preparation of annual research plan, annual regional tourism forecasts and supporting the SPTO Monitoring & Learning (MEL) framework.
- Ensure that the planning and policy documentation developed is relevant and useful and resource documents/ templates/ guides provided to internal/external clients.
- Efficient sustainability impact monitoring including the number of sustainability indicators reported
- Management and leadership of the Research and Statistics Division
- Develop relevant funding proposals, contribute to and funding successfully obtained to support the implementation of the Pacific Tourism Statistics Strategy and supporting Communications strategy
- Coordination and execution of research and related projects to better inform strategic programmes for the organisation and across the membership.
- Developing, supporting and growing SPTO R&S Division/Services
- Investment in new Information Communication Technology (ICT) for research and statistics development to increase the quality and usefulness of research including the dissemination tools standardised across SPTO member countries
- Quality and timely technical assistance via correspondences and provide in-country trainings and tourism statistics are up to date and made available to internal/external stakeholders.
- Project Management
- Effective management of programmes and organisational planning including but not limited to the development and implementation of an appropriate project framework, project briefs, planning etc
- Efficient project systems and administration through monitoring reports for donors/members, internal and external meeting managed and coordinated. In addition, ensure currency of database information.
The person we seek will have a minimum five years’ experience in similar position with a Postgraduate Degree in Research/Statistics or similar. The applicant must possess the following:
- Degree in Research, Statistics, Business, Tourism or similar field.
- Good working knowledge of requirements for accessible publication of research and information
- Extensive experience in tourism sector research and writing logical and detailed research papers and reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent report writing skills and spoken/written English
How to Apply:
Application must be submitted online by accessing the following
with your CV, which must include details of 3 professional referees.
All applications must be submitted via the respective links and any emailed applications will NOT be accepted. Open to applicants from all Pacific Islands.
Role Description: MANAGER RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
For more information:
contact: Ravuama Buadromo +679 330 3137| +679 773 3137, [email protected]
We recommend that all candidates register on the SPTO Jobs Link website – https://sptojobslink.com/ – before submitting their application.
Closing Date: 14 May 2023