Carpenters Fiji PTE Limited, one of the largest organizations in the private sector is seeking to recruit a result oriented and enthusiastic individual for the following role to be based in Head Office, Suva. This is a challenging role and we require enthusiastic and hardworking individual.
Key Tasks & Duties:
- Provide and interpret legal information, advise to management in all aspects pertaining to business management, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Attend to all legal matters of the company and represent the company in the tribunals, magistrate’s courts and high court.
- Assist management in ensuring compliance to all regulations.
- Handle all litigation and conveying matters of the company.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
- Liaise with relevant divisions to ensure that legal risks have been identified and appropriate courses of action have been implemented.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of department staff ensuring an effective and motivated team
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with at least 3 years legal experience.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills with proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly
- Excellent Time Management and Organisational Skills.
- Strong training and developing skills.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
A written application, with detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences, can also be forwarded to the under mentioned no later than Friday 5th May 2023.
Human Resources Manager
Carpenters Fiji Limited
PO Box 299, Suva
Applications can also be emailed to email [email protected] with subject as the position applied for.