Manager Ground Operations – Nausori
The Manager Ground Operations – Nausori is responsible for the oversight of ground operations for Fiji Airways / Fiji Link and adhoc operators at Suva station including supervising the coordination and maintenance of precision timing of flight schedules with an active and efficient oversight on Safety, Quality, Security, On-time Performance, Policy Compliance, Reporting Culture, Handler Oversight, Communication, Revenue, Customer Experience, mishandled baggage, KPI’s and Contract applicability.
The Manager Ground Operations – Nausori is also responsible for ensuring that Fiji Airways 5 star Skytrax rating is maintained throughout the passenger journey at the airport including adherence to the Ministry of Health and Medical Services safety protocols related to the customer, baggage and mail.
- Leads by example and motivates teams in order to achieve the best results by exemplifying integrity, professionalism and excellent communication skills. Point of contact for all FBO queries, quotes and facilitation.
- Mentors and provides advice to direct report(s) and Fiji Link to ensure safety and security on all fields as operations, customers, facilities and working environments.
- Sets Safety as a priority developing preventive action plans in order to maintain safe operations.
- Identifies, analyses and communicates issues/trends on accountable stations and demonstrates proactivity proposing improved and/or corrective policies. Collaborates with Internal and External stakeholders on charter quotes, setup and execution.
- Maintains a focused and effective leadership of the team with internal stakeholders in ensuring a regular and structured review of performance in all areas for continuous improvement in relation to Making Every Moment Better.
- Provides guidance to accountable airport team to ensure compliance of controlling station expenses/costs.
- Develops commercial relationships at an operational level respecting the budget constraints and also aiming to reduce costs while maintaining/improving quality.
- Lead Fiji Airways within the airport authorities and other government authorities to maintain customer, operational and financial interests.
- Works with the Procurement teams to ensure a successful outcome for the company setting out all the operational requirements for all services to be procured. Ensures accuracy and manages all details of FBO bookings from quoting stage through booking process, as well as invoicing and post flight follow-up.
- Ensures FJ presence and oversight of the Service Provider responsibilities at station and as well at corporate levels, respecting Fiji Airways and Fiji Link standards.
- Ensures that Customer Complaints are investigated in order to provide an answer to Customer Care Department in a timely manner
- Analyses station performance against critical measures, assists station leadership with developing effective action plans.
- Ensures compliance of company policies regarding Safety, customer service, baggage handling and On-Time Performance, irregular operations and other targets.
- Provides guidance and ensures station accountability from airline vendor functions, performance of local contractors providing service to Fiji Airways and Fiji Link, i.e., fuelling, security, catering, by vigorously monitoring existing SLA terms and conditions and recommend fast and effective solutions to resolve short falls.
- Ensures mandatory, regulatory and organizational training requirements are accomplished; ensures revenue targets are achieved and is able to highlight inconsistency.
- Responsible to ensure that the appointed budget is respected and maximized through review, report cost controls, cost estimates, manpower and station forecast requirements.
- Oversees stations audits/inspections and works proactively to propose corrective and preventive actions
- Appraises and complies with safety, security, and operational requirements by Fiji Airways / Fiji Link and other regulatory authorities (Customs, Immigration, Bio Security, Health and AVSEC) at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent operational experience.
At least 7 years of operational experience with 2 – 4 years aviation experience preferred and at least 3 years of management experience at a senior level.
At least 2 years’ experience managing cross functional operations
Demonstrated ability and experience of leading teams
Two (2) years Aviation Ramp Management experience
Experience in a managerial or supervisory role with a demonstrated ability to lead and direct a Team to achieve organizational objectives.
Functional knowledge of Amadeus Altea applications, namely Customer Management (CM), Inventory (FM) and Altea Reservations.
Dangerous Good Acceptance Certification will be an advantage
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong analytical skills.
Customer service orientated.
Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
Professional personal presentation.
Applications are open to all Fijians. Former employees of Fiji Airways and Fiji Link are welcome to apply.
Applications close on Sunday, 7 May 2023
If you are interested in this opportunity