Manager Engineering Planning
This role reports to the Senior Manager Engineering & Maintenance and is responsible for leading the Engineering Planning team, acts as subject matter expert in Aircraft Maintenance Planning and methods, develops, manages and delivers efficient and effective programmes of scheduled aircraft maintenance, generates cost-effective solutions for unscheduled maintenance events, and programmes and measures progress against the production work required to satisfy the approved Maintenance Schedules for all aircraft operated by Fiji Airways and Fiji Link, and maintained by the Engineering Division.
This role collaborates with all Engineering and Maintenance Department heads and with the Network Planning team to ensure coordination with the published schedule and additional ad hoc flying and to maximise aircraft availability.
- Develop the long-term maintenance plan for both the Fiji Link and Fiji Airways fleets, ensuring compliance with manufacturer.
- Propose for each aircraft type and for each individual airframe and engine an efficient and cost-effective aircraft maintenance and fleet utilisation programme and agree with all Engineering and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Test the market, identify providers and formulate, review and prepare tender documents for all heavy maintenance visits maximising the value derived from a budget.
- Lead the evaluation of tender responses, identify and substantiate a preferred supplier, prepare Tender Committee documents for approval, and facilitate any other approval document.
- Manage Safety and Airworthiness compliance with regulatory requirements. Assess and mitigate associated risk and manage residual risk.
- Ensure compliance with the Corporate Integrated Safety Management System.
- Liaise with Flight Operations and Commercial planning groups, Senior Manager Engineering and each Engineering Controller to ensure efficient maintenance planning, and fulfil all aircraft commitments.
- Implement programmes of work to achieve long-term objectives for the Engineering technical department, and plan and manage individual projects to deliver the desired outcomes for strategic fleet maintenance.
- Control documentation raised and/or issued by Quality Assurance and Compliance, Technical services or other departments to facilitate planning of work associated with Defect Analysis, Reliability Control, Campaign Changes, Alert Notices, Mandatory Inspections, and similar “non-routine” tasks.
- Schedule work to embody all Airworthiness Directives within the compliance period set by regulators.
- Ensure competency of Engineering Planning staff by establishing a full programme of education and training covering induction, on-going training and development vital to their roles.
- Ensure all staff are well versed in the understanding of the Maintenance Management Organisation Exposition, Technical Operating Procedures and Line/ETOPS Manual for regulatory compliance. Ensure applicable sections of these documents are updated and changes communicated.
- Provide timely notice to the Procurement and Supply Section of “pre-load” spares required to support aircraft maintenance and modification, airworthiness directives, and planning objectives.
- Develop and maintain planning techniques and other statistical data systems as required to confirm the Maintenance Organisation production capacity.
- Identify scheduled maintenance requirements and project unscheduled maintenance events to estimate manpower requirements and costs, and input to Engineering department budgets.
- Maintain a quarterly manpower availability forecast, implement effective manpower deployment plans, and roll out to achieve all forecast maintenance ensuring ongoing manpower efficiency.
- Control time expiry, life stagger, and shelf-life limits of routable components.
- Collectively with other nominated personnel reporting directly to the accountable manager, ensure that the Engineering Organisation complies in all respects.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the Engineering Management Review Group (MRG/SAG), Modifications Committee, ETOPS and Reliability Meeting, and Daily On-Time Performance Meeting.
- Manage ongoing relationships with external aircraft maintenance contractors, ensure their full understanding of all matters relating to Fiji Airways maintenance requirements, including the control of inter-airline documentation, aircraft check packs, manuals and specification control.
- Manage all planned maintenance programmes to time, cost and specification.
- Manage allocated budgets and project forecast spend.
- Participate actively in the exploitation of the Engineering ERP system, ensure all Engineering Planning business processes are simplified, LEAN’d and supported by AMOS, and that continuous improvement is built in.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Engineering or Approved Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
Preferably at least seven (7) years in Aviation Industry or Aircraft Engineering experience would be an advantage.
Sound knowledge of Microsoft applications and Aircraft Maintenance systems and processes.
Through knowledge of the Engineering & Maintenance MMOE, TOPS, Line Maintenance & ETOPS Manuals, Safety Procedures & OHS requirements and CAAF regulations and requirements.
Demonstrable experience in managing projects of intermediate complexity.
Demonstrable commercially awareness and business skills.
Applications are open to all Fijians. Former employees of Fiji Airways or Fiji Link are welcome to apply. All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for next steps of the recruitment process.
Applications close on Thursday, 23 February 2023
If you are interested in this opportunity
Related Jobs (22)
Commis Chef | F&B Attendant | Trainee – F&B Department | Trainee – Kit Department on September 25, 2023 Full Time
Product Analyst Assistant x2 | South Pacific Specialists x3 on September 22, 2023 Full Time