We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
The Finance Division is seeking for a qualified Management Accountant based in Port Moresby. The incumbent will be reporting directly to the Manager – Financial Planning, Procurements & Projects
and will be accountable for analysing financial information, produce timely reports and assist implement effective strategies to enhance overall business performance including these key responsibilities;
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Completion of management accounting transactions for month end processes including journals and reconciliations.
- Financial and operational data analysis and reporting to provide management with understanding of trends and exceptions of actuals against budgets and forecasts.
- Development and maintenance of operational financial model using operational metrics to drive budgets and forecasts.
- Development and maintenance of monthly and quarterly performance reporting against KPIs and targets.
- Financial modelling capability to support Board and executive decision making on growth, capital and other project expenditure.
- Continuous improvement of modelling, analysis and reporting functionality of all departments to support insight and value.
- Developing budgets and ongoing financial forecasts (and associated data).
- Support of audit and financial accounting processes as required.
- Processing as well as simplification of the data which essential for the organization in decision-making.
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts.
- Perform the duties in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and technical standards.
- Other project and business requirements as directed by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Must have a Degree in Business Studies, and/or Accounting.
- Must be CPA or CMA qualified or working towards attaining CPA.
- Must have at least 3-5 years’ relevant work experience in Senior Management role or relevant roles.
- Proficiency in financial modelling techniques.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other analytical tools.
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Good business acumen and highly accurate.
- Experience working with senior executives.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 15 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 03 February 2023
PNG Air Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer