The position is full time with a three-month probation period. Upon successful completion of the probation period the employee will have the opportunity to become full-time employee with a work from home option travelling every 4-6 weeks for 2 weeks in Honiara.
About the Role:
The role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the respective team and report directly to the CEO and Board.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Experience with MYOB and advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Attention to detail and be capable of multitasking
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting.
- Ability to work unsupervised to meet strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
The responsibilities of the role:
- Preparation of monthly financial and management reports
- Approve daily transactions for accounts payable, accounts receivable and other
- Approve and Process local and foreign payments
- Supervise financial processing team
- Month end processing and journals
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual account reconciliations
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and weekly/monthly cash flow forecasting
- Support cost centre managers and their teams on budget and financial matters
- Working with various business areas/branches to develop reports to meet their specific needs and assist them in managing their branches
- Assisting managers to drive their business results to meet targets by providing detailed variance analysis and commentary.
- Review and preparation of annual & half-yearly statutory reports
- Make recommendations for cost-savings and efficiencies.
- Prepare CAPEX and other business cases including using financial modelling to assess the soundness of investments.
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex business
- Work from home with – essential hours to be available online
- Frequent travel to Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Option to live and work in Honiara if preferred
Applications close: Friday 28th April 2023
Email all applications to: [email protected]
Related Jobs (25)
Cashier | Activities Attendant | Security x2 | Groundsman x2 on November 27, 2023 Full Time