Maintenance and Asset Management Officer (1-year fixed term period)
Our client, The New Zealand High Commission based in Fiji, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) acts in the world to build a safer, more prosperous, and more sustainable future for New Zealanders.
MFAT is seeking a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Maintenance and Asset Management Officer based in Suva. The incumbent will be responsible for managing assets (property & fleet) and maintenance work at the chancery, official residence, and owned and leased staff accommodation (property). The incumbent will assist towards ensuring the highest standard of time and engagement management for the High Commissioner is always maintained.
The role provides day-to-day operational liaison with external contractors providing goods and services to the New Zealand High Commission. Ensuring that building requirements are current and any faults & maintenance are reported, scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
The role also supports official events and performs official driving duties as required.
The role reports to the First Secretary (Administration & Consul) in Suva, Fiji.
Summary of Key Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and oversee all elements of the High Commission’s property portfolios (both owned and leased properties). This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring proactive property maintenance, repair and replacement; liaising with the Administration Manager on all maintenance matters, and resolving outstanding issues.
- Ensure an annual preventative maintenance plan of scheduled maintenance is kept up-to-date and is actioned as required.
- Property inspections (maintenance, health and safety, security, inventory) are carried out on a regular basis, issues logged and resolutions identified and implemented
- Where appropriate, and at the direction of the Administration Manager ensure formal contract arrangements are in place, and in line with Instrument of Delegations, all contract documentation to be stored in GDM.
- Evaluate proposals/quotes and make recommendations on contractor engagement; manage the contractors involved in maintenance or repair works, as well as undertake pre and post surveys of works to ensure work is of an acceptable standard.
- Oversight of maintenance of Post vehicles ensuring vehicles are well maintained and regularly serviced.
- Assist the Administration Manager to ensure that the Post complies at all times with the Ministry’s security policies and procedures
- Assist with the management and logistical aspects of official visits and events, providing support to the Official Residence staff in preparing for events.
- Understand the Ministry’s strategic priorities and high-level outcomes framework and how this role contributes to the framework.
Qualifications and Experience
The suitable candidate must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least 5+ years’ practical experience in asset and property/facilities management.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing contractual arrangements.
- Sound understanding of project management.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure.
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, including adaptability and openness to change.
- Hold a current, clean driver’s licence and be able to drive post vehicles (as required) safely in local conditions
- The ability to obtain and maintain a New Zealand Government security clearance would be advantageous.
- Be able to provide a police clearance.
- Must be eligible to live and work in Fiji.
$33,000 – $37,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must apply online at www.pacificpeople.com. Applications must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae with contact details of three professional referees. For further clarifications please contact Hannah Hicks-Maravuakula on (679) 3313229 or (679) 7771100 or email: [email protected]
Applications close on Sunday 26 November 2023. Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview