As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create a warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury.
What is the job?
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out – take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
What we need from you?
- Diploma/Higher education qualification with 2 years experience at a similar hotel operation.
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Fluency in the local language – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Literate and tech-savvy – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic math and computers
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Experience – ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position
- Strength – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling.
Email your application together with proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance by 1600hrs Tuesday 21st June, 2022