We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
The Technical Materials Department is seeking for an experienced and qualified Logistic Supervisor based in Port Moresby. This position will report to the Manager Technical Materials and will be responsible for the day to day running of the administration of freight and Logistics requirements within the MRO department ensuring the on-time payment and delivery of aircraft and non-aircraft spares to the Aircraft Engineers, MRO department and including these key responsibilities;
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Managing and administering freight and logistics documentations for both purchasing and components dispatched for repair.
- Ensuring Quotations and Invoices are received on timely manner for payments.
- Receiving of all shipping documents from Stores Goods Inwards and Outwards Officer and match-up with the corresponding Purchase or repair Order.
- Follow-up with the Supplier / or the Vendor for the statement to ensure that all shipping costs were recorded accordingly.
- In-charge of all repair orders turnaround and retrieval ensuring quotes are received and approved by Manager Technical Materials / or GM-MRO on timely manner to be forwarded to the vendor on timely manner.
- In-charge of all the ATR Core Return Components to ensure these components are dispatched on timely manner back to ATR and records updated accordingly to prevent delays and distortion of information.
- On-call to arrange for Parts either be Aircraft parts or Tools and Equipment in the event of AOG situations and advise Purchasing to raise Loan Orders.
- In-charge of Purchase orders retrieval with Suppliers on timely manner, ensuring orders are closed and Finance notified to make payments on timely manner to prevent delayed deliveries.
- In-charge of quotations for items at repair facility and working with Manager Technical Materials to ensure these quotes are signed and returned back to the Vendor on timely manner.
- Provide weekly Rotable Report compiled and disseminated to all concerned managers & supervisors in MRO.
- Compile statistics and metrics for Vendor and Supplier performance assessment and evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager Technical Material.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Tertiary qualified or in any related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ Freight and Logistic experience or Aviation Industry preferably.
- Proficient with MS Office software (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Extensive knowledge in computer inventory systems.
- Able to efficiently communicate with relevant stakeholders & Senior Management.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 14th April 2023
PNG Air is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Related Jobs (10)
MCS Analysts (2 Positions) – (Based in Honiara, Solomon islands!) on February 20, 2024 Full Time