Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist the Legal Manager in all legal matters including preparation of cases, legal opinion, legal research, submissions and debt recovery.
- Prepare legal documents such as contracts and hire/sales purchase agreement including court pleadings.
- Draft demand notices for clients and court documents for the Magistrate’s Court and Small Claims Tribunal.
- Attend to Employment Relations Tribunal.
- Undertake legal research about the case in question.
- Regularly upgrade knowledge about corporate law and new amendments that have been implemented.
- Draft and review a varied range of commercial agreements and manage litigation and assist in insurance matters.
- Provide active legal support to implement corporate actions that are compliant with corporate compliance requirements.
Experiences and Attributes:
- At least three years experience in a legal environment.
- Strong business acumen and good knowledge of commercial law and preparation of security documents.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail and a good team player.
Interested candidates are requested to email curriculum vitae detailing experience, qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as the position applied for.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Monday 11th April, 2022