Monier Limited, the single largest producer, supplier and distributor of construction materials and building products in PNG is seeking to recruit suitable qualified and highly motivated individual for the position:
Light Vehicle Mechanic
To effectively carry out mechanical repairs and servicing as per Quality System & OSH Policies & Procedures. Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul a wide range of light vehicles & forklifts.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- To effectively & efficiently repair or replace damaged / worn parts.
- To record vehicle I.D, Km & hour readings etc & enter onto Job Card.
- To ensure guidance of Workshop Supervisor is sought when experiencing difficulty in any area of work given to you.
- To immediately advise Workshop Supervisor of any changes in the scope of the work envisaged.
- To ensure that the Workshop Supervisors tests completed jobs delegated.
- To advise the Workshop Supervisor immediately of any damaged equipment or non-conforming product.
- To maintain workspace, vehicles & equipment in a clean & tidy condition.
- Train apprentices the correct mechanical repair processes and procedures.
- To complete repair summary at completion of work done on Job Card, listing all relevant information.
- Ensure all workshop equipment; tooling and equipment are in safe working condition as per OSH Policies & Procedures.
- To adhere to Quality System & OSH Policies & Procedures.
- To work in a safe manner having regard to the safety of others as well as your own.
- To complete all documentation required by the Quality System Procedure Manual.
- Provide prompt and efficient customer service.
- Raise requisitions for materials to get the work completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all safety defects are reported and documented on the job cards.
- To be available for callout as required & to work off site as necessary,
- Ensure workshop is clean, tidy and safe as per OSH Policies & Procedures.
- Liaise with supervisor & workshop controller to ensure good turn around, high quality of repairs and communication with customers.
- To inspect vehicles being worked on to identify additional work that may be required now or in the near future & to report such to the Supervisor or by Management.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Trade qualification in Light Vehicle Technician through a formal apprenticeship training program
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experiences in similar role
- Sound knowledge of late model diesel and petrol vehicles.
- Engine and drive line repairs
- Clutch and brake systems.
- Experience with automotive scan tools
- Demonstrate proficient with electrical systems.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Able to be lead small team.
- Able to fill out service documentation.
- Minimum of Grade 10 Certificate
- Ability to perform diagnostic analysis of mechanical and electrical problems.
- Proactive approach to safety and compliance. Must have some experience and knowledge in Safety Standards and Policies
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be flexible in working with expatriates.
- He must be self-driven and be able to complete work in a timely manner and to high standards.
- Preference will be given to Applicants with Dealership Training.
- Must have Motor Vehicle License
Applications consists of Cover letter, Updated CV with current passport size photo and names of 3 active referees can be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to: Monier Limited office at Saraga Street 6 Mile. Applications should be addressed to:
Group HR Manager
P.O. Box 734, Port Moresby,
National Capital District
Applications close on COB Wednesday, 13th December 2023. Position is POM based. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (7)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time