We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
B1/B2 LICENSED AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
PNG Air Engineering Division has an immediate vacancy for the position of B1 & B2 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) type rated on the DHC8 and ATR 72 – 600. This is a full-time position based in Port Moresby. The applicant must have the ability to convert his or her foreign aircraft license to a CASA PNG License.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Recognizing Safety as a core value in all decision making in area of responsibility.
- Performs and certifies aircraft maintenance activities in accordance with the appropriate manuals, policies and procedures.
- Performing and certifying aircraft maintenance activities in accordance with the appropriate processes, procedures and standards in the MOE.
- Supervising & coordinating maintenance activates and staff to ensure safe on – time completion of work assigned to your designated crew.
- Providing leadership guidance to unlicensed members of your crew in regards to standard of work.
- Bringing to the attention of your supervisor with issues affecting; safe on – time accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- As a LAME you will be focused on performing line and base maintenance support to the respective aircraft types.
- Complete all company documentation on all work assigned.
- Carrying out each assigned task in a safe manner and being aware of all.
- Safety requirements applicable to each assigned task.
- Performing all assigned duties in accordance with the MOE.
- Notifying Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor whenever inspection verification is required during a maintenance task.
- Seeking advice from his Supervisor when difficulties arise in completing an assigned task.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Tertiary Qualified in Engineering, Aviation or equivalent.
- Must be a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME).
- Must possess a License from an ICAO member state acceptable to CASAPNG or CASAPNG license or Australia/New Zealand/ EASA States License.
- Must have B1(Engine /Airframe) type rating on ATR 72/PW 127M Engine or PW120 Engine series and for Airframe, type rated on ATR 72-212 600 series or Dash 8 100/200/300.
- Or must have B2 (Electrical, Instruments, Radio) type rating on ATR -72/212- 600 series or Dash 8-100/200/300.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance or in a similar role.
- Must have hands on experience in the aviation industry and maintenance tracking software systems.
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and understanding of the maintenance parts of the company’s exposition and the applicable maintenance provisions of CA Rule Part 145 and CA Rule Part 121.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills (both written/oral).
- Must have completed training in human factors.
- Must have good working attitude and standard.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 5th May 2023
PNG Air Is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer