The appointee will carry out paraprofessional aspects of library work including the provision of assistance to library users, copy cataloguing and data entry, book ordering, gifts and exchanges, serials entry and inter-library loans. This position will be based in Laucala Campus.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– the Diploma in Library and information Studies/Services or equivalent paraprofessional qualification and at least 2 years subsequent relevant work experience;
– very good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
– basic competence in library technical skills e.g. cataloguing and classification, data entry, etc.
– very good understanding of customer services.
– knowledge of, and familiarity with IT and an integrated online library system.
– ability to work as part of a team and under minimal supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
– the ability to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
– work experience in a library and/or teaching environment and who are members of the Fiji Library Association.
Enquiries and further information:
Ms. Elizabeth Fong, University Librarian Email: [email protected] Phone: +679 32 32282
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
- FJ $ 23,332 to 29,462 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 2 April 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Related Jobs (7)
SENIOR LECTURER IN AGRIBUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP on November 14, 2023 Full Time