InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is located at Natadola Bay, 55 minutes drive from Nadi Airport. We now have a range of different opportunities at our fabulous and authentic hotel – your opportunity to join our team.
What is the job?
As a Sales Manager you are responsible for achieving hotel targets by optimizing revenues, through existing assigned account base, as well as prospecting new clients in assigned markets. Assist in the developing and setting revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts.
Your day to day
- Responsible for key account management market, ensuring revenue maximisation and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan, business plan, and financial plans.
- Assist the DOSM in implementing sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates and increase volume.
- Assists DOSM in defining an annual sales action plan, and execute set actions accordingly.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market, and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Help guests – you’ll be happy to help if someone needs assistance with a request or complaint
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients .
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top sales and marketing job in a full or limited service hotel and may include meeting space and/or catering facilities. May manage professional level and administrative sales team members.
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field
- Two to four years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Negotiation and selling skills to ensure maximum revenue profitability.
- Ability to achieve and excel under pressure.
- Must speak local language
- Other languages preferred
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
E-mail a letter of application, résumé and proof of vaccination in the first instance by 1600hrsTuesday 28th June, 2022 to email@example.com