Your day to day
Develop, deliver, and evaluate training programs/applications, curricula and corresponding materials and programs for all levels of hotel colleagues including line staff, supervisors and managers. Consult with key department contacts to identify performance gaps and training issues which impact individual and group performance.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Support the management and development of the talent
- Orient new employees and train existing employees.
- Manage IHG Mylearning training program and ensure all colleagues maintain activity on MyLearning.
- Manage training programs within established budgets.
- Facilitate and ensure compliance of hotel training programs including but not limited to Employee Orientation, Equal Opportunity/Anti-Harassment training, safety related training, career development training, guest service training and employee morale programs.
- Ensure that all course curricula and educational materials are current and of acceptable quality and delivered on time.
- Manage the development and/or provision of curricula, assessment tools and corresponding materials (includes lesson plans, participant materials, job aids, user manuals, etc.) relative to training
- Implement and manage a training schedule/calendar.
- Ensure processes in place to anticipate and deliver the quality and quantity of training required to deliver the strategic business
- Model and ensure a working environment that reflects the Resort values and promotes a strong work ethic.
- Support the implementation of HR Initiatives to enhance overall organization effectiveness and individual performance
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Human Resources and Employment Relations
- At least 3 years of experience in training delivery. Hospitality training delivery experience is highly preferred.
- Dealing with FNU Grants and Levy requirements
Knowledge and skills
- Registered Training Officer with National Training & Productivity Centre – Fiji National University
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are utilized frequently
- Problem solving and reasoning abilities are used often.
- Must be able to devise, prepare and maintain spreadsheets using various software systems.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holiday
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with colleagues and managers.
- Proficiency in MS programs especially with MS PPT, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS
- Ability to analyze data, organize it, and present it in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution in a calm and objective manner.
- Fluent in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- Ability to speak and understand itaukei and hindi will be highly advantageous
Preferred (if required)
- Attention to detail to find the smallest of errors and correct them before they become serious problems
- Understanding of labor laws and corrective procedures
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on an historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (3)
Consultancy Services For Designing Of Digital Marketing E-learning Modules on November 22, 2022 Consultant