BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT FIJIIS LOOKING FOR A LEAF SUSTAINABILITY EXECUTIVE
SENIORITY LEVEL : Non-Management Level
FUNCTION : Operation
LOCATION: Nadi, Fiji
ROLE TYPE : Permanent role
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Leaf Sustainability Executive at BAT Fiji leads a team to implement EHS Management in Fiji Leaf Operations according to BAT EHS Group Requirements and National EHS Regulations. They also develop strategies for improved performance and promote a culture of safety and teamwork. Their leadership is vital for BAT Fiji’s supply chain success.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDES:
- Provide support and direction to Line Managers in the Leaf Division for understanding EHS responsibilities, coordinating business unit EHS steering committees.
- Lead the implementation of EHS management systems, programs, and procedures in alignment with BAT standards.
- Stay informed about national and international EHS laws, regulations, and codes, recommending the company’s response to them.
- Plan and introduce programs to increase EHS awareness, skills, and practices among management and employees.
- Motivate and guide management and employees in implementing best practice EHS procedures according to BAT policy.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of licenses, permits, inventories, and data in EHS/ESG matters in compliance with group policies.
- Drive safety at local Leaf Sites to minimize accidents, illnesses, or environmental impairment, identifying and evaluating threats and recommending actions.
- Participate in regional ESG/EHS manager meetings, conduct internal audits, and review and report progress on outstanding issues to the Leaf Agronomy & Sustainability Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A minimum 2 years of experience in ESG or Safety related experience
- Possession of a valid driving license is mandatory.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of ESG strategy and objectives.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the ESG cycle.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Good stakeholder and networking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificates in Health/ Safety/ Sustainability or relevant field.
- Delivering in ambiguous & dynamic situations as a part of a global multi-functional team by building partnerships & working diplomatically
- Drives innovation & knowledge sharing
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Related Jobs (9)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time