Hastings Deering (PNG) Limited is one of the largest Caterpillar dealer networks in the world. We sell, service and support the complete range of Caterpillar machinery used in the mining, construction, agricultural, materials handling and government sectors. Over the last 70 years, we have built a reputation for hiring and developing the industry’s best and delivering an exemplary level of service to our customers and colleagues.
About the role:
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Leading Hand to join our Service Team based in Lae.
The primary focus of this role to lead a team of people to ensure provision of a high standard of quality workmanship and efficiency. Experience with the Caterpillar product and good technical knowledge is required. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to safe working practices and adherence to company policies and procedures is essential.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, your competency and experience will include:
- Ensure safety goals are achieved through personal commitment, no harm to self or others and participation in safety initiatives.
- Proactively seek and maintain collaborative working relationships with peers and manager to deliver results.
- Ensure customer expectations and service standards are understood and delivered within agreed timeframes
- Ensure target, due dates and quality standards are met
- Ensure business direction, team purpose and change agenda is understood, agreed to and work activities are align.
- Ensures support to Safety Meetings, Safety Officer, Committee Members and Safety Representatives in the quest to ensure a goal of nil lost time injuries.
- Supervision of all project works completed to ensure required quality.
- Coordinating tasks and ensuring adherence to safe work method and risk assessments.
- Proving reports on work completion
- Direct and supervise allocated employee project work schedules
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Diesel Fitter trade qualification
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent
- Skills to diagnose and repair basic electrical circuits and electronic controlling systems.
- Competent to repair, rebuild and replace engines and drive lines in large earth moving equipment.
- Diagnostic skills to ensure a fault/issue is identified to its root cause before parts replacement.
- Competent to diagnose, repair and replace hydraulic systems and components, including in depth testing.
- Previous experience working with Caterpillar parts and products.
- Excellent computer knowledge, working with Microsoft Office
To express interest for this challenging and rewarding role, submit your application including current updated CV, copies of certificates, references, police clearance and apply via Workday Career page.
To Apply: Click on the “Apply” button.
Enquiries: Please call our HR Team on (675) 300 8300
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 11th December 2023
Related Jobs (10)
MCS Analysts (2 Positions) – (Based in Honiara, Solomon islands!) on February 20, 2024 Full Time