Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Lihir operation in Mining Department is now recruiting for the position of Leading Hand Operations based at our Lihir Gold Operation (LGO).
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor – Mine Production, you are required to assists Mine production Supervisors in safely and efficiently managing the Production areas so that the team achieves the daily/Weekly Mine plans.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Drives and influences proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership.
- Conduct work area inspections and documents, including FCCC.
- Plans work so that it can be conducted safely; and considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work.
- Lead in behavioural based safety programs within the area of control and lead OHSE safety meetings.
- To ensure their work areas are Safe and the work area controlled.
- Efficiency of the production/loading areas will be paramount especially with the Load and Haul cycle to optimize the haulage fleet and all other support activities like haul roads, drainage and clean-up work/bench maintenance and floor level controls.
- Monitor lunch breaks of Mine Technicians to ensure U of A of trucks and loading units is maintained, assist in the operation of mobile plant and equipment to relief Mine Technicians for crib breaks, step up into Supervisor positions when required to maintain coverage.
- Provides hot seating of mobile equipment when required.
- Contributes to the efficiency of production through good roads, dumps, and ROM’s.
- Contribute to achieving tyre life targets.
Ideally, our preferred applicant will have;
- Competencies to operate Haul Trucks plus shovels and or other mobile ancillary equipment.
- Previous Supervision experience in large open cut mines.
- PNG Driver’s License – Class 6.
- Minimum of Grade 10 Certificate.
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience in a leading hand role with a large-open cut mines operation.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- This opportunity is open to PNG citizens who are currently employed by Newmont
- Must be available for FIFO to Lihir
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
Related Jobs (7)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time