- Great team culture and work environment
- Career pathway to leadership opportunities
- Exposure to working within a diverse and multicultural environment.
Newcrest Mining Limited is sourcing for an experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining, Mobile Fleet, Marine Maintenance Department to support their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO).
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Leading Hand – Fabrication for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to Supervisor – Mechanical, Marine Maintenance. You will act as the fabrication maintenance team lead to monitor and oversee the day-to-day activities of Mobile Fleet, Fabrication team.
The role will have responsibility to:
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all company HSE requirements & policies including Fitness for work.
- Complete any HSE tasks only if the hazards and any potential consequences are understood and any corrections are firstly agreed by the relevant Supervisor.
- Conduct metal fabrication maintenance on mobile fleet by ensuring a high level of understanding of operational issues including root cause of failure, repairs, and equipment performance.
- Provide technical expertise and advise to Supervisor – Mechanical for repair methods and scoping details to support daily maintenance activities and planning processes.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspection on mobile fleet.
- Ensure maintenance repairs follow OEM and industry best practise recommendations.
- Ensure maintenance records for mobile fleet are kept current.
- 5+ years relevant work experience essential in large scale mining operations or heavy industry.
- Welding / Fabrication Trade Certificate essential.
- Strong fabrication skills and solution finding abilities.
- Experience with SAP highly desirable
- Demonstrate ability, in development of welding repair methods and engineering principals.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self – motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- PNG Driver’s Licence – Class Six (6).
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.