IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Holiday Inn Suva is just steps from the city’s key sights, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. All our bright, modern guest rooms have high-speed internet and a balcony. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre. Our Sirocco restaurant is a laid-back setting for relaxed dining, while waterfront Bati ni Wai serves pizza al fresco. Enjoy an icy-cold beverages with a big-screen sports channel in Tapa Lounge Bar or listen to live music and enjoy Suva’s sunsets from the pool deck.
Your day to day
Under the general direction of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef provides high standard cleaning to kitchen for his guests in order to contribute an overall professional experience in department according to IHG standards and local policy. The person we are looking for needs:
- To display a professional and positive image of hotel to our guest.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors. Kitchen cafeteria dump site area as assigned.
- Set up monitor for the pot sink according to procedures.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill.
- Clean and organize associated work areas and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will possess:
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75v pounds
- Strong organizational skills along with strong attention to detail
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to self-motivation and developing skills
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (8)
Payroll & Accounts Receivable Officer AND Welcome Host on December 1, 2022 Full Time
Consultancy Services To Develop The Pacific Tourism Research Cooperation Framework on September 25, 2022 Consultant