IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Kids Club & Recreations Manager, the Kids Club Attendant will be responsible for all activities relevant to the Recreation Department. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, you would ensure this is fulfilled while maintaining our high standards and providing outstanding services to our guests. Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact well with guests, colleagues and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, brand and Company
Your day to day
- Participate in daily activities for our kids.
- Take guest bookings for Kids Club.
- Kicking off truly memorable Kids Club experience with the warmest of welcomes.
- Create and deliver fun, educational and local personal experiences for all our kids.
- Super and evaluate toddlers and school-aged children.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and inviting facility through regular inspections, maintenance, and reporting.
- Anticipating the requests of all guests – looking for opportunities to surprise and delight.
- Assist as needed with securing and maintaining departmental accreditations, IHG brand standards, etc.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities, so every guest leaves with great memories.
- Flexibility– night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Experience – ideally, you’ll have spent at least two years in a similar role or guest service position in a 5-star property.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to work under pressure and possess great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Saturday 02nd December, 2023.